Marriage Applications Information
1. The applicants (Bride & Groom) must appear in person at Allen County Probate Court, Third Floor, Courthouse, 301 North Main Street, Lima, Ohio.
2. At least one of the parties must be an Allen County resident and the marriage must be performed in the State of Ohio. If both parties are from out of state and wish to be married in Allen County they must obtain the license from Allen County.
3. If either of the parties was born outside of the United States, please contact the Court for further information.
4. If either of the parties is under the age of 18, please contact the Court for further information.
5. We will take applications Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. through 4:00 p.m., excluding holidays. We will require a photo I.D. with proof of residency.
6. If either of the parties has been previously married, you will be required to provide certain information as to the prior marriage. In order to avoid delays in issuing the license it is strongly recommended that you bring the following with you when making your application:
a. In the case of the death of a previous spouse, a copy of the spouse's death certificate.
b. In the case of a divorce, dissolution or annulment, provide a certified copy of the Entry or Order of divorce, dissolution or annulment.
7. Cost for the Application is $50.00 in cash. We do not accept checks or credit/debit cards.
8. The License will be issued the same day. The License is good for 60 days, after which it will expire and no longer be vaild if the marriage ceremony has not taken place.
For additional information please contact the Court at (419) 223-8502.
Sample Marriage Application Form will be available soon. This application is for preview purposes only. If you want to fill out an application you must do so in our office on the 3rd floor of the Allen County Courthouse.